Here at CMB, we’re determined to drink in every last bit of summer – literally. We are making avid use of our new Mason Jar Shakers ($28) to mix up cooling summer cocktails. Our recent margarita experiments went very well. It was a great day at work!
After gathering supplies from our store, Halen Mon Sea Salt ($8.95) and Luscombe Lime Crush ($3.50), and picking up a few things from neighbors Chelsea Wine Vault and Manhattan Fruit Exchange, we settled on the following recipe to make the perfect easy margarita with a fizzy twist.
The Very Chelsea Margarita
- Halen Mon Sea Salt for the rim of the glass
- 1 ½ oz silver tequila – we used Avion from our neighbor Chelsea Wine Vault
- 1 ½ oz triple sec – we used Stirrings Triple Sec, also available at Chelsea Wine Vault
- ¼ oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz Luscombe Lime Crush
- Place Halen Mon Sea Salt in a shallow dish. Moisten the rim of a rocks glass with a dampened paper towel or a lime wedge. Dip rim of glass in salt.
- Fill Mason Shaker with ice. Add tequila, triple sec, and lime juice; shake until chilled and slightly frothy.
- Fill your salted rocks glass with ice. Pour in Mason Shaker contents.
- Top off drink with Luscombe Lime Crush. Stir.
- Serve immediately and savor slowly.
We hope you enjoy our recipe. Try it at your next BBQ or as an after-work treat (but please, as always, drink responsibly). Here’s to living up summer and beating the heat!